Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dad and I went on a 2 days mini vacation. We drove on the new Legacy Highway which is really nice and smooth--all roads should be so smooth, then drove up Ogden canyon to Bear Lake. Wow the lake was the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. The mountains were georgous with the changing of the leaves. I love the Fall and love to see the colored leaves. It continues to amaze me how beautiful and breath taking God's creation are. We then went into Logan. We ate at El Sol's which is the dad of Su Casa. We then went to our hotel which was the Provdience Inn and old church they have turned into a reception center/bed and breakfast place. It was pretty cool and no I did not think it was haunted. We went to the temple with a couple from our ward that was getting sealed--it was beautiful. I thought it was nice of them to be sealed on my birthday--actually it was the day they had been married 2 years ago. It was a great experience and I was happy they invited dad and I. We then went and changed our clothes and went to a movie. Ghost Town. It was pretty fun! Then back to our room and went to bed.
Yesterday we had breakfast brought to us and ate it in our room--that was pretty cool--I could get real spoiled and fast if I had the money to go places like that a lot. After we checked out, we drove to The Golden Spike National Monument. They have 2 beautiful old Locomotive engines there that they keep in tip top condition. They were way shinny. After that we drove home stoping to get something to eat. We had a great time. I appreciate the times when dad and I can be together and just realax and have fun.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm glad your birthday was good!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. I tried to call but you never answered you phone. I hope it was a good one.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got away from us and had fun!

Michelle said...

So glad you had a good time. It's nice to just get away sometimes.