Thursday, August 28, 2008

Exciting

So this morning at work, our lights flickered about 4 times and the power went off. What the? Then Jodie said look there is something burning. I looked out the door and about 1/2 mile from my work I could see a huge black cloud of smoke billowing into the air. Then I could see flames.
Then most of us gathered outside or at windows. we say fire engines go by and ambulances. I counted 7 fire eingines and 4 ambulances and also a Hazmat team. There is a metal recycling plant that their yard of pallets and junk caught on fire. The cops closed of the road just across from our terminal so no one could get to where the fire was. It burned about 1 hour before they were able to put the flames out. It knocked off our power and phones for about 2 hours, which was kind of freaky because it was so quiet in the office--well as quiet as it can get with all of us chattering about the fire. I heard on the news that no one had gotten hurt, so that was good. It sure made an exciting morning for us because it was something "enteraining" something different from typing typing typing and answering phones. It was kind of cool to be able to see the flames and smoke going up up into the beautiful blue sky. OK maybe I am a bit of a piromaniac(or how ever it is spelled)--fire bug-- but not really!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Dang. too bad they didn't send you home!

Anonymous said...

Kinda strange how things like that attract so much attention. What boring lives we lead. But hey it least it was a sorta exciting day at work!

Unknown said...

a recycling plant. Be carfule you might wake up one morning with a third eye.

Michelle said...

Cool. I love to watch fire burn. If I were a criminal of some kind I would definately be a pyromaniac. Burn, baby, burn.