Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dad and I had a fun day yesterday--right! Dad went to the Huntsman center for his 2nd Halo procudure on his throat--that is where they laser out all the sores and bad tissue in his throat. It is not fun for him for a few days after because he has such a bad sore throat and can hardly swallow anything. But in a few days he will feel better.
Well the reason we had so much fun--not-- was because we were there from 1:30 till about 5:45. We should have only been there a couple of hours. When we got there one of the nurses said the patient before dad had not shown up yet, so he might get to go in early. That was good news and least for that moment in time. We waited and waited and waited, finally the nurse came in and said the other person showed up--about 1 hour late and they took them instead of dad first. It really ticked me off because we had to be inconvienced for someone that was not considerate enough to get to their appointment on time. It put the doctor behind even further and all we could do is wait.
I wanted to give everyone the smack down and poor dad was stressed and tired and just wanted the procudure to get over with. Well finally another nurse--we will call her nurse Eore because she moved and talked slow like Eore--came and got dad. Later he told me that the doctor was coming down the hall the other way and was mad and chewed nurse Eore out for not getting dad in there sooner--we are way behind--she said tell me about it, I am the night nurse.
We did survive, but my butt and back are still sore today for having to wait so long.
Dad is on the road to recovery and has to repeat the procedure again in about 10 wks. I just hope we don't have to have another marathon wait. I think I will take my PJ's and a sleeping bag next time just in case.
Today Hope the girl that use to work here came in today. She is the one whose baby died only 1 hour after he was born in June. She had made a book of pictures of her and her family holding the baby. It was so sad there were also pictures of the graveside cermony. It just broke my heart and I realized how thankful I am to have my children and granchildren. Nothing in this world is more important or precious than your children and grandchildren and g.g.c. etc.
Not all the money, not all the fame, not all the power, not all the beauty, not all the worldly things Nothing is more important than family. We should treasure each other every day because we never know when it will be our time to return home to our Father in Heaven.
I love you all!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys had to wait so long.

Thanks for the reminder on how important family really is. I just was feeling sorry for myself that we are still living in your basement and we'll never have a nice, big house. BUT God saw fit to get Zane through his heart surgery just fine and I'd so much rather have that baby to love on every day than a house.